Thursday, May 20, 2010

A funeral next door.

Flames to dust, Lovers to friends.. why do all good things come to an end?
Because life itself is a sad journey to death.

So many unhappy things been happening lately. From people around me to my own family.
The moment I stepped back home after hanging out with Joe and Leslie, I could sense a gloomy atmosphere at home. No one spoke, no one said a thing.
Sister greeted me at the door and broke the sad news to me,
" Jie, ah tieo (my uncle) passed away already."
I didn't know just how to react. A death made me felt so lost. My uncle whom I had known all my life, struggled through lung cancer and a brain tumor. Went through a period of coma and now left the earth with ease.

Made me think,
as I sat down on the dining table while talking to mummy, I had a long stare at her..
I realised how long I've been so ignorant.. to even look at her closely.
The face that once was young and pretty but now wrinkled and full of visible lines, strands of white hair obviously grew over the years.
How long have I been gone? How many times did I shout back and slammed the door close?
I realised I've missed her. The lady who was always there to comfort me when I fall.
I've been so selfish to take time off and love.
Time has always been ticking like an active bomb.
A death has awaken me from my dream of death, my parents are not getting any younger as day passby... I should spend more time with them, treasure them.

Time to pick myself up and put myself together again.
No water is thicker than blood. =)
Gotta get ready and pack my stuff... rushing back to Penang for the funeral.

I'll miss you deeply, Uncle.

On a happier note!
Pictures from Mc Phunk's 25th birthday bash @ Zouk!





No comments:

Post a Comment